The RESNET Training and Education Committee is responsible for developing and maintaining the various RESNET certification tests and updating the training and professional development standards of the organization. RESNET is recruiting individuals to volunteer to serve on the committee.
The Training and Education Committee will have an ambitious agenda for 2011. Tasks will include:
- Revise the RESNET training standards to comply with the changes to the RESNET standards that have been adopted over the past few years
- Update the rater skills set and knowledge base to comply with the new Chapter Eight Performance Testing and the revised Appendix A
- Revise the testing requirements for the RESNET Senior Rater certification
- Revise weighing of RESNET rater test categories
- Review and revise the RESNET Rating Field Inspector Test
- Revise the Home Energy Survey Professional Test
- Create tests for IR certification, Building Performance Auditor, and Combustion Safety Testing and Word Scope certifications
Committee members will be expected to dedicate a significant amount of time on the above issues. Most of the work will be by e-mail or teleconference. There will be, however, several face-to-face meetings of the committee outside of the annual meeting that is held in conjunction with the RESNET Building Performance Conference.
RESNET is seeking candidates with experience and knowledge in building performance and home energy ratings or energy audits. RESNET will place a premium on training and test writing experience of applicants.
To be considered for appointment on the committee please send a resume of your experience along with a paragraph or two written description of what you can contribute to the committee to Kathy Spigarelli at email@example.com by Friday, January 28, 2011.