Home Energy Audits
Home energy audits are detailed examinations of a home to determine:
- Where and how energy is being lost.
- Those systems in the home that are operating inefficiently.
- The types of cost-effective measures that can be put in place to make the home more comfortable, affordable and energy efficient.
Consumers can choose to do either a Home Energy Survey or a General Energy Audit (also known as an energy assessment). Depending on which type of energy audit they choose to do, a certified RESNET Home Energy Auditor will conduct diagnostic testing with specialized equipment to measure air leaks and reveal hard-to-detect areas of air infiltration and missing insulation.
Benefits of Home Energy Audits
Among the many benefits of home energy audits are discovering why a home may be:
- Too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
- Suffering from moisture problems or air leakage.
- Costing its owners too much money to run.
Home energy audits identify a home’s energy problems and present its owners with cost-effective solutions to those problems.
Home Energy Audits FAQs
Did you know that an energy audit could reveal hidden problems in a home, such as mold or mildew?