Get all the latest news on home energy efficiency!
Benefits of Tankless Hot Water Heaters
April 11, 2013
A tankless water heater is a heating unit that doesn’t rely on a tank to heat water and is usually placed near the water source you want heated. They heat water only when needed, so less energy is wasted. As technology improves, manufacturers are able to build water heaters to be energy efficient.
Have you ever wondered about the amount of energy hot water tanks use or waste? Only 43% of that energy heats up the water in your house and, according to the EPA, you might spend $400 to $600 a year on it! With that in mind, how can a tankless hot water heater benefit you?
- Save Energy: As mentioned, tankless hot water heaters only heat up water when needed – unlike hot water tanks that do so throughout the day. This means you’ll cut down on wasted energy, so your home becomes more efficient and your energy bill goes down.
- Takes up less room: Hot water tanks usually take up quite a bit of space. Tankless hot water heaters on the other hand can be mounted on the wall, which means you’ll have more room for other things. And let’s be honest, we all face the dilemma of not having enough space sometimes!
- Endless and Instant: Unlike hot water tanks, tankless hot water heaters don’t need to store pre-heated water. They are designed to supply you with water how you need it and when you need it, so there is no waiting period.
- Long Life Span: Hot water tanks wear out by getting rusty and corroded, since they store big amounts of water all the time. Since tankless hot water heaters don’t need to store water at all, they don’t face these problems and last twice as long as regular tanks do.
- Cleaning: Spending the time to clean out a tank is probably not the highlight of owning one. Years of rust and buildup might cancel out your thirst or appetite for a while! But with a tankless hot water heater, cleaning is no problem at all since it doesn’t store water.
There are many good reasons on why you might consider replacing your tank for a tankless unit. At some point, you’ve probably had to deal with a high monthly bill or a build of muck in the tank. Tankless hot water heaters are a great way to eliminate your water heating issues so you can get on with life! You will benefit even more when a professional, such as a RESNET qualified EnergySmart Contractor installs your tankless unit. So join countless people who are saving big time and living the tank-free life!
Looking for more information?
Now that we’re in the middle of winter, don’t panic if your heater breaks down! Believe it or not, there are a number of...»Read More Views:
It’s that time of year again when ghosts, ghouls and goblins emerge from their dark recesses to stalk the earth, but they...»Read More Views: