Contractor Code of Ethics and Pledge
RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders are committed to providing quality and professional service to their customers and the public. This Code of Ethics sets forth principles and rules of conduct.
Pledge of Quality Performance
RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders pledge to:
- Provide customers with services and products known to promote energy efficiency, while protecting health and safety.
- Maintain in good standing all appropriate and necessary licenses and insurance.
- Comply with all laws and regulations of their jurisdiction and of their industry.
- Maintain a safe work place for their customers and their workers.
- Communicate fairly and accurately with their customers with respect to the scope and quality of their work agreements.
- Answer fully all customer concerns before, during and after the work of their contract and to act promptly on all customer complaints.
- Deal fairly and honestly with their customers.
Representations of Services and Fees
- All representation regarding services and qualifications by RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders shall be truthful and accurate in all material respects.
- RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders shall fully disclose all applicable charges, as well as the general scope and deliverables of services, prior to conducting home energy retrofit work.
Conflicts of Interest
- RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders shall inform their customer of any potential conflict of interest they may have with regards to any aspect of a transaction with the customer.
- RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders shall not disclose information concerning the audit or rating for a specific home to parties other than the client or the client's agent without the written permission of the client or the client's agent except to report to their Contractor and Education (CEQ) Provider for the purposes of registration, certification or quality assurance.
- RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders shall refrain from speaking of Auditors, Raters, or other Qualified Contractors and Builders in a manner that will diminish the profession or service in the eyes of the public.
- RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders shall not engage in any conduct that is detrimental to the reputation or the best interests of RESNET.
Alleged violations of the Code of Ethics by a Contractor or Builder should be reported to the individual's CEQ Provider utilizing the RESNET Consumer Complaint Resolution Process. If the complaint is not satisfied with the result of that process, complaints to RESNET's Executive Director may be filed against the CEQ for failing to enforce the ethics code with their RESNET Qualified ENERGYSMART Contractors and Builders.