Business Development Resources
Unless you have an established network that you can rely on for referrals that will adequately insure future business, you will probably need to advertise. There are a multitude of advertising venues. The following are some ides to consider. Your choices will primarily depend on your market, your budget and the time you devote to this activity. As with all of the other business parts of running your business, this piece will take time too. We suggest that whatever advertising mediums you choose that you invest in quality. Your ad will likely be the first exposure a potential customer has to you. We cannot impress the importance of making a good first impression.
If you remember one thing as you browse this page, remember to collect testimonials from your happy customers. Testimonials can be incorporated into almost any advertising medium. RESNET even uses "happy member" testimonials in our outreach to solicit new members. Remember to ask for a testimonial while you are still working with a customer and get their permission to use their name in you promotional materials.
- Click on our Sample Profile for an example of how your member information will be seen by homeowners searching through our directory listing.
- Make sure to incorporate testimonials from happy customers on your profile page.
- They still work. But remember to always carry them with you.
- Don't forget to include your e-mail and web site addresses on your card.
- Use the back of the card for a list of your key services or a customer testimonial.
- Don't skimp on quality.
- Describe the benefits of your services.
- Use Bullets.
- Include testimonials from happy customers.
Trade & Home Shows
- These can be expensive, so make sure you will be reaching potential customers before you invest your money and time.
- Consider sharing a booth with another business.
- You can always attend without buying an exhibit space and network your way around the exhibit hall.
Join Your Home Builders Association
This is not free but the investment may pay big dividends if you take the time to get involved and participate in meeting and functions. This is a simple way to get your company name known and let builders and other competitors know you are serious about your business. Don't forget to carry your business cards to the meetings!
News Releases/Earned Media
This is a form of advertising too! Click here for more information about how to use free media.