RESNET's Partnership with U.S. Department of Energy's Building America and Habitat for Humanity International
Across the county, Habitat for Humanity International's local affiliates build affordable housing that is sold to qualifying buyers who put in hundreds of hours of sweat equity. RESNET has entered into a partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy's Building America program and Habitat to help them make their homes more energy efficient. Enhanced energy efficiency makes Habitat homes more affordable to live in.
Under the partnership, volunteer RESNET members will provide pro-bono rating services to a Habitat affiliate in their area. Building America will work with the RESNET member and Habitat affiliate to produce a one-page case study highlighting energy efficiency specifications and the pro-bono work of the rater.
RESNET urges raters to participate in this partnership. It presents an opportunity to raise awareness of the home energy rating industry in the general community and among Habitat volunteers, sub-contractors, corporate sponsors, and community leaders.
RESNET members who want to give back to the community in this unique way will get a special emblem (shown above) next to their names in RESNET's online rater directory. This will also help Habitat affiliates find raters interested in the partnership.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Habitat for Humanity click on RESNET Habitat for Humanity Program.
For more information click on:
- RESNET - Department of Energy - Habitat for Humanity International Partnership Fact Sheet (Information on the opportunities for raters to participate in the partnership)
- Benefits to Raters to Volunteer
- About Building America's Partnership with Habitat for Humanity
- Quick Tour of Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity - Construction and Environmental Resources
- Habitat for Humanity - Case Studies
- Find a RESNET Certified Rater