Business Development Resources
Making the Sale
How Can You Get Your Customer's Attention?
This is probably the hardest thing you'll have to do. And yes it's all about communication.
- Talk in their language
- Be Genuine
- Don't "Over Science" them
How Do You Get In the Door??
Anyway You Can!!
- Personal Relationships
- One-on-One (Cold Calls)
- Offering Free Introductory Ratings
- News Releases/Earned Media
- Home and Trade Shows
- On Time
- Dress as they do
- Commit to Spending Time
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
- Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
- Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb
- Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent..."
This may seem obvious but is often not put into practice. Easy to say - hard to do. Our advise... Do it anyway! We have yet to hear of a successful rater say persistence didn't work. It may take awhile, but you need to get comfortable being persistent.
Tailoring to your Specific Customer
This is where it all comes together. When you make that initial contact with your potential customer, keep in mind that you need to communicate your services in such a way that they perceive it as a benefit to them. Here are some examples of benefits raters have used to communicate benefits:
- Sell More Homes
- Increase Profits
- Increase Durability
- Increase Comfort
- Qualify for the Federal Tax Credit
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Reduce Warranty Callbacks
- Recognition for Environmental Leadership
- Product Differentiation (Energy Star Label)