As a nationally recognized standards making body, RESNET has adopted the Mortgage Industry National Home Energy Rating Standards as guidelines for setting the national procedures and standards for the quality of home energy rating services in the United States.
Who Recognizes the RESNET Standards?
The RESNET standards are recognized for:
- Accreditation of quality assurance providers, rater training providers, and rating software tools
- Verification of energy savings for energy efficient mortgages (EEMs)
- Verification of a home's energy performance for EPA's ENERGY STAR Homes Program
- Performance option for energy code compliance in 16 states
- Verification of energy performance in state utility benefit program funded residential energy efficiency programs in 9 states
Get all the latest news on home energy efficiency!