The contractor associations and service provider organizations listed below have each entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to work together with RESNET in promoting improved home energy performance in the U.S. Common initiatives include:
- Linking contractors and energy raters to undertake comprehensive home retrofits.
- Training contractors to be certified as RESNET EnergySmart Contractors and/or RESNET Home Energy Survey Professionals.
- Influencing federal policies promoting improved energy performance of buildings.
These organizations are at the forefront of their respective industries, leading the charge into a more energy efficient future.
If you are interested in signing a MOU with RESNET, please call us at 760-806-3448 or email email@example.com.
Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) is the world's largest international trade association and leading industry advocate representing the swimming pool, spa, and hot tub industry. APSP members adhere to a code of business ethics and share a commitment to public health and safety. Our member companies include manufacturers, manufacturers' agents, distributors, designers, builders, installers, retailers, and service professionals. APSP promotes professional best practices through education, certification, standards, research, and safety. For more information visit their web site at http://www.apsp.org/Public/AboutUs/AboutAPSP/index.cfm
Air Conditioning Contractors of America
RESNET Enters Strategic Partnership with The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) to Promote Improvements in Home Energy Performance
RESNET and ACCA has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to work together in promoting improved home energy performance in the U.S. The major component of the MOU is to foster the linking air conditioning contractors and energy raters to undertake comprehensive home retrofits.
ACCA is a group of over 4,000 air conditioning contractors who work together to improve our industry, promote good practices, and keep homes and buildings safe, clean and comfortable.
Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance
RESNET and the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to work together in promoting improved home energy performance in the U.S.
The major components of the MOU are:
- SPFA will use RESNET certified raters that have received SPFA training to conduct the three equality verification inspections. According to SPFA’s criteria for spray foam contractors endeavoring to complete SPFA's contractor credentialing program.
- SPFA and RESNET will collaborate on educating certified raters on spray foam applications and their potential role in providing quality assurance evaluations.
- Working with RESNET to recruit Comprehensive EnergySmart Contractor Teams that would link HVAC contractors, insulation contractors and energy raters to undertake comprehensive home energy efficiency upgrades.
- SPFA will Communicate Opportunities to be designated by RESNET as an EnergySmart Contractor to its Members.
- RESNET will communicate to its rater members the opportunities for inspecting applications of SPFA credentialed spray foam contractors pursuing SPFA credentials.
Founded in 1987 originally as the Polyurethane Foam Contractors Division, the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) is the voice, along with the educational and technical resource, for the spray polyurethane foam industry. SPFA develops tools designed to educate and influence the construction industry with the positive benefits of spray polyurethane foam roofing, insulation, and climate control systems.
NATE - North American Technician Excellence
RESNET has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with NATE, the North American Technician Excellence. The MOU with NATE goal is to promote the improvement of energy performance of buildings in the U.S.
MOU identifies the following areas of cooperation:
- Support EPA's ENERGY STAR New Homes Program
- Expand the new homes cooperation into the existing homes market
- Having a NATE representative on the RESNET Technical Committee
- NATE will encourage its certified technicians to become RESNET Energy Smart Contractors
- Positioning Home Energy Raters to embrace NATE certification
- NATE will have a presence at the 2012 RESNET Building Performance Conference
NATE was founded in 1997 and is the nation’s largest non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians. NATE is the only technician certification organization governed, owned, operated, developed and supported by the HVACR industry. For more information click on NATE
RESNET has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Insulate America.
The goal of the MOU is for the two organizations to work together to promote the improvement of home energy performance in the US.
Insulate America is a cooperative group of locally-owned, independent insulation contractors who provide and install quality insulation and other building products for residential and commercial construction. Insulate America is the largest independent insulation contracting organization in the United States with nearly 200 locations and over 6,000 employees. This organization gives its contractors the buying power to offer competitive pricing on all insulation products. Yet each location is individually owned and operated and retains the friendly, neighborly approach to business.
Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Association International
The Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Association (RIMA-I) has agreed to work with RESNET to promote the improvement of home energy performance in the U.S.
RIMA-I will accomplish this goal through urging its remodeling members to become trained and certified as RESNET Energy Smart Contractors.
RIMA-I represents reflective insulation, radiant barrier and interior radiation control coating (IRCC) manufacturers and other companies that are active within the industry. RIMA-I exists to educate the marketplace on the benefits of reflective technologies and to represent member's interests in establishing ASTM standards for testing and installation procedures. For more information visit RIMA-I's web site at http://www.rimainternational.org/index.html
Masco Contractor Services
Masco Corporation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of brand-name products and services for the home improvement and new home construction markets. Masco is also a leading provider of a variety of installed products and services, including insulation, for homebuilders. Masco Contractor Services, Inc. is an insulation and building product installer and is one of the largest residential subcontractors by being involved in over half of all new residential construction.