What is a RESNET EnergySmart Contractor or Builder?
RESNET EnergySmart Contractors and Builders have the knowledge and training to complete energy efficient retrofits and building projects in a safe and efficient manner. RESNET EnergySmart Contractors and Builders have:
- Valid licensing and insurance
- Undergone RESNET-approved energy efficiency training plus annual continuing education
- Passed a RESNET-administered exam
- Maintained a RESNET membership in good standing
Energy Efficiency Training
For contractors and builders to gain the RESNET EnergySmart Contractor/Builder designation, they must complete an energy efficiency training course offered by a RESNET-approved training provider, and pass an exam administered by RESNET. The training program and examination have been designed to provide the contractor/builder with a strong background in energy efficiency building and retrofits.
Training and exam topics include:
- Principles of energy
- Cost-effective energy efficient practices
- The house as an inter-related system
- Combustion safety
- Order that work must be carried out for optimal safety and effectiveness
RESNET believes that when it comes to your home - and the safety of your family - it is essential to hire contractors who know exactly what they're doing.