RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board
Why a RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board?
Energy efficient product suppliers play a critical role in improving the energy performance of homes. RESNET sees the industry as a key strategic partner. To give suppliers a voice in RESNET and to benefit from the industry’s perspective, RESNET has created a RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board.
What is the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board?
The purpose of the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board is to provide an opportunity for suppliers to better understand RESNET; network with other suppliers, customers and HERS raters; and to provide supplier input to the RESNET Board of Directors. The membership is open to all suppliers who agree to the terms of the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board Member Agreement.
Why Should My Company Join the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board?
The RESNET HERS Rating is product neutral. It is a whole house energy performance analysis that allows products to compete on a level planning field and hence hasten the introduction of new products into the market place.
RESNET HERS Ratings are fast becoming a mainstream of the housing market. This is reflected by:
- Builders use the RESNET HERS Index as a “Miles Per Gallon” consumer education piece on the energy performance of their buildings
- Over 150 state and local code jurisdictions across the nation have adopted a HERS Index Score option to their energy codes
- The 2015 International Energy Conservation Code incorporates an Energy Rating Index Score option
- Over 1.5 million homes have been rated to date and issued a HERS Index Score
- The RESNET HERS rating is driving increased energy performance of homes. In 2013 the average HERS Index Score of homes rated in the U.S. was 64. This represents a 66% increase in energy efficiency of a standard existing homes and a 28% higher energy performance than a home built to the 2006 version of the IECC
By having your company belong to the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board you will be on the “ground floor” on industry discussions and given a “seat at the table” on the deliberations of the RESNET Board.
What Are the Annual Membership Dues?
The annual membership dues for a supplier are $10,000. RESNET is a 501 (c) 3 public purpose not-for-profit corporation. The RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board membership may be tax deductible to the company. Please check with your company’s tax advisor.
What Are the Specific Benefits for Being a Member of the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board?
Representation on the RESNET Board of Directors: The RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board members will elect one of their members (Chairperson) to sit on the RESNET Board for a two year term. This RESNET Board member will serve as the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board representative on the RESNET Board and be a communications bridge between the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board and the RESNET Board.
- RESNET Conference:
- A complimentary 10’x10’ expo space (a $2,000 value) at the annual RESNET Conference and the ability to upgrade to a 10’x20’ space for an additional $1,000;
- Two (2) complimentary full conference/expo badges to the RESNET Conference (approximately a $1,000 value) for company employee use;
- Conference room logo signage on the front wall in conference educational session rooms. Each room will have only one company logo and rooms will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Founding members will have priority if their request is submitted prior to a deadline established by RESNET. Companies must supply their own logos to be posted. RESNET will set the size standard;
- Banner with all RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board member company logos will be displayed at the RESNET Conference entrances;
- Member companies will be able to upgrade their conference sponsorship recognition level to the Premier sponsor level for an additional $10,000. The RESNET Conference Premier Sponsor is the superior conference sponsorship normally at a price of $20,000. This category offers premier recognition, an upgrade to the 10X20 conference exhibit booth, and up to seven complimentary conference registrations.
Research Support: RESNET staff will assist RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board member companies in securing a party to undertake analysis of the HERS Index Score implications of a product for a standard home in any of the IECC climate zones. Financial arrangements for services rendered by the party will be up to negotiation between the party and RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board member. If there are any questions as to whether current approved software appropriately recognizes the energy impact of a new product or application, RESNET staff will provide guidance on the proper approach to remedy. RESNET will provide two free data queries/year of RESNET data from the RESNET National Buildings Registry. Queries may include the number of ratings conducted on the national, state or zip code level and the average HERS Index Score. Once the RESNET Registry has been adapted to better parse data, the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board will work with RESNET staff to further identify data needs and RESNET’s capability to provide granular levels of data.
Marketing/Sales Support: One (1) free product marketing email distribution per year to RESNET members and the RESNET Conference attendee distribution list, permissions to use the “RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board” logo on the company’s web site, and other marketing material as long as the company is a member of the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board in good standing.
Networking/Learning: A two (2) hour RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board meeting will be held at the annual RESNET Conference, with relevant presentations and access to the RESNET Board Executive Committee.
What Are the Obligations of RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board Member Companies?
Member companies shall assign a qualified executive to serve on the RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board.
Member companies shall assign a qualified individual to participate on at least one RESNET working committee.
- Application for Membership to RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board
- RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board Membership Agreement Form
- Renew Membership to RESNET Suppliers Advisory Board